Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hot, Chunky and Orange

Today was going well. My classroom was functioning great and the kids were quiet; it might have helped that five kids were missing but it was still nice. Lunch came, my tummy was rumbling and I was ready for my leftover butternut squash soup from last night. I went to the faculty room and warmed up my soup. Thought about sitting in there to eat for once but changed my mind...darn me. I went back to my classroom. Started setting up to eat and work at my computer like usual. Went to grab the tupperware by the side. The lid must have been not on all the way. As I picked it up, the other side of the lid tipped up while the bowl tipped down and out poured hot, chunky and orange soup. It oozed down my white sweater-vest, shirt, in my apron, desk, dress pants, fabric shoes and covering the floor around me. I spent the rest of the lunch cleaning up and the rest of the day colored orange. My kids were pretty nice even though it stunk and I looked funny.