Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year we went with my family down to St. George. My aunt, Patrice, and most of her family came down as well. We left Wednesday early afternoon and stayed until Sunday. The weather was 60s all weekend. No complaint there, as always. Wednesday evening was spent grocery shopping for our Thanksgiving feast!

Thursday, we started the day's festivities off with a Co-ed Turkey Bowl. It was the Winn's vs. Nasella's. We had the disadvantage with less bodies but it was still fun and we even got my mom on the field. We didn't eat until about 5:30 because of the turkey. It seems we're always waiting on that turkey. So, I was pretty much full by the time we ate from all the snacking on crackers and herb and garlic cheese while I was cooking! Yum! I was regretting how much I ate for the next day or so. My tummy wasn't happy with me. I don't think I was hungry until two days later.

This year, I participated more than I ever have in Black Friday. I decided to check out the midnight openings of stores that night. I took my mom and Kaitlin with me. We started at Kohl's....that store was ridiculous! There were people every square foot I went. The line was wrapped around the store and through the middle and more. Later, i found out my friend waited in line for an hour and a half. The next day was just as bad there though. My mom wouldn't even go in the store. We hit the outlets on our way home and made a few purchases. The next morning, I dragged my brother out with my friend Allie and I for some more shopping. I ended up finding a few things. Dave and I got an early Christmas present from my parents, a new camera. It's super nice! We have always liked the idea of getting a really nice one but not quite yet but this one is right in the middle of a simple digital and super fancy, photographer camera. So hopefully we'll get back to taking more pictures again.

The rest of the weekend was nice. We played tennis and swam and such. I didn't take one school thing with me! I got read and finally finished my book that I've been working on for awhile. It was a nice break from life.

No comments: