Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stress

This last week was a bit stressful. As I told some, Dave's job and my sanity were both up in the air. Luckily, we are both still here and breathing regularly again. With the budget cuts, rumors had it that they were going to move Dave's department to a different base. There were other things involved but that is the main jist of it. They finally came out and said they weren't shutting the department down at Hill, just switching some things up and weeding out job positions in the next year or so. So for now, we are staying put, but that can always change. Cross our fingers that they won't.


As for me, this year school year has been quite draining overall. I feel as if I am drowning. By this time last year, things had started to ease up and I was able to get a rhythm down but I strongly believe it won't ease up on me at all this year. All of the teachers at my school are feeling a lot of the same ways I am. I've been taking stacks of things to do home each night, especially on the weekends. It's as if my job is around the clock. I even lay awake most nights with it on my mind and then I dream it, too. It's quite exhausting! I love what I do, there is no doubt about that. I am just suffocating. I try so hard not to let it all get to me but it's tough. I about had a melt down Tuesday or Wednesday evening, because my brain was so overloaded by everything that day and with what I was working on, so I kept making little mistakes here and there, and with every mistake I make it just means more time that I need to spend on whatever I am doing. I really really hope that it will ease up sometime soon. But as for now, I was able to get a few breaths in this weekend. Just know why, if you come to my house and it's not clean there are many good explanations. I'm not happy to have a messy house, but I am picking and choosing my battles to help my sanity at the moment. :)

1 comment:

Cam and Mary said...

Sorry Rach! We really do need to go out! :) I always thought teaching would be the best job, but now I can't imagine doing it and being a mom! Hope things get better soon!