Friday, July 27, 2012

Distractions

This summer, I have completely taken a break from my teaching job. Normally, I would be preparing already for the new school year, but since my year ended so rough, I decided to keep busy doing other things. I've got to admit, it's really helped! My mental state isn't toppling over and I feel refreshed a bit more than I probably would have if I stressed about my situation all summer long. I've really taken a liking to Pinterest! It's grabbed my attention for sure! And I'm not a huge fan of the computer and social networks, but Pinterest has reeled me in! I have found tons of great ideas for school even. Lately I've been up to some projects for my house and gifts, that Pinterest has inspired me to do. Here are a few of them:


They are super cute and easy! Click on the link to learn how to make them. I've even seen  them with  a big fabric button in the center instead of the last rolled flower cut out. Super cute!

I got inspired to organize and decided to start with the bathroom closet.
The closet was unorganized and messy with things everywhere!
This is a before.

before

 And the afters


Not the best lighting, sorry. 


When Dave opened the door after I had finished, he was in awe and his face lit up! (He loves cleanliness!)

Tile Coasters
I can't find the link but here are the instructions I repinned: Make your own coasters- 4x4 tiles ($.16 Home Depot); 4x4 scrapbook paper; adhere to tile with Mod Podge and let dry; Spray a coat of clear spray paint and let dry; attach felt pads to the bottom
 Well, I think it is time to start turning my attention to school. Less than one month to go! It is crazy I will see my coworkers again this week! I'll be able to see a lot of the ones I have worked with in the past so I'm excited!

No comments: