Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lake Powell Trip

Dave rode his bike down to my parents Thursday night and got in a little crash.
 Finally, we got to go to Powell! It's been two years and we've been itching to go but since we don't have a boat we have to wait to be invited...luckily, we've got some friends that enjoy our company down there! This trip was extra great because we got to go with two of my bestees from growing up, Kara and Alli. And fortunately, Kara and Alli's husbands are just as adventurous as Dave! We're also lucky that Kyle, Kara's dad, is always willing to take us, too. We were there from Friday to Monday and had two days of overcast and a little rain and one day of sun but not too hot. The water temperature was really warm, too! Normally, I hate jumping in because I hate the shock factor but it was almost as warm as bath water. It was perfect. We got to see some fun new places too!

During a little rain storm the boys found a tree pretty much and played.


We all woke up to Alli crocheting in the morning.


I think I'm a great photographer sometimes!
This is a zoomed in shot because if you look at  Justin, he's totally not interested in Dave just the  camera.

The boys tried a lot of crazy things.



I love tubing!




Alli, Kara and I at our best:)
Unfortunately, we got kicked in the butt by reality when we came home to our refrigerator and freezer 40 degrees too hot. It was a bummer way to come home from such a fun weekend!

No comments: