Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's 2012



Dave was supposed to have class Tuesday night so we planned on doing our V-Day date Monday. His class ended up getting canceled so we did stuff both night. I was in charge of the date. We don't go out to eat much but we went to this chinese place for my birthday last year that we ended up really liking so I decided to take Dave there. He was so excited when we pulled in the parking lot. It's called ABC Mandarin and it's close to our house in Roy. Dinner was delicious and then we headed to a family fun place and took a tour of the glow in the dark mini-golf course.

Tuesday began with a morning run together. We both kept joking how romantic we are during the run. We left for work at the same time, which I was late, but that never happens so I didn't care that I was a little behind schedule. My students came in with their cute Valentine's boxes and Valentine's in hand and were so excited. I had to make them put their Valentines away til the afternoon because we had to do a little work. Some parents came and ran the class party right after lunch. They do such a good job all of the time and I love being able to sit back and watch and play. I was walking around and holding one of babies of a room mom and in walks Dave with a beautiful rose and Valentine in hand. The kids noticed and start cheering. They love Mr. Price! He even brought cookies for the kids but we ended up hiding them because the kids already were decorating cookies and we still had the Valentine's exchange ahead. It really is a big deal when Dave gives me a flower or two! And for him to show up and he even planned an activity for the kids and all...such a cutie! The kids got back into their activities so I got to spend a little time with Dave. It made my day for sure!

That night we had a home cooked meal and then Dave got to come to my basketball game up in Brigham City. Poor soul. It was a hard game to play in let alone watch. The team we played doesn't have much basketball ability but they try.

All in all, it was a great Valentines Day. Holidays are fun as an elementary teacher!

No comments: