Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneer Day

We had a great 24th of July. We spent it down in Sandy, with my family, this year. We started the festivities at the park with some tennis in the morning. We ended up playing for over 2 hours. We just didn't want to stop even with our tummies grumbling and bodies dripping with sweat (good image, I know). We went to Kneaders (my favorite place for a turkey sandwich) for lunch and then to see Despicable Me. It was an adorable show. I recommend it. We were all quoting it the rest of the night. Michael had to go to work for a bit after that so Kaitlin and I went for pedicures while Dave put his new mountain bike together and my parents rested.

That night, after Michael got off work, we went to eat on the patio at Willow Creek Country Club. It was a beautiful night. We then decided to hit up some fireworks. If you know my fam, things are always decided last minute and someone is usually not quite happy with the decision but then we all end up having a good time...it's funny. But we decided to drag everyone up to the Cottonwood Heights fireworks show because it was close and it was almost time for the shows to start. We were lucky and found a fairly close parking spot and walked to the field to sit. We got there just in time. The show lasted forever. I still think I liked the Weber State show this year better but I enjoyed the length of this one. It wasn't like you came all the way to watch only 10 minutes of fireworks, they made it last at least 20 if not more.

I greatly enjoyed the entire day with my whole family. I am so grateful for them and grateful that my brother is home and helps make our family time that much more enjoyable. My two siblings are the world to me! They make me who I am and show me who I want to be. I love you Michael and Kaitlin!

I am also grateful for the pioneers that sacrificed so much and came here to Utah. I do love Utah, although I do complain about the weather quite a bit, I still love it here. I also like how we get to celebrate with fireworks throughout the month of July here in Utah. I was at the store the other day and I heard someone ask the cashier, "Did Utah not celebrate the 4th of July yet?" or something close to that and I just laughed. That does have to seem a bit weird to outsiders.

No comments: