Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dave's Birthday Cake

We celebrated Dave's Birthday with family and friends yesterday at Golden Spike Park by our house. We played frisbee, volleyball (thanks to the Fausett's for our new volleyball), and hung out on blankets. We also were able to enjoy Dave's cookies 'n cream cake and ice cream. You can't really tell but Dave would not let me make a normal shaped cake. He protested me making a complete circle or square cake so I had to make one layer square and one a circle. Once we were at that point I made him put it together because I was not able to wrap my head around putting that cake together in some devent looking manner so I passed on the responsibility to him. Everyone loved his creation.
We had trouble with getting all the candles to stay lit so we had to sing happy birthday after he blew out the couple that were lit but it ended up being the wind that blew them all out for him.

Thanks for all who came and celebrated!

1 comment:

Rick Otterstrom said...

Sounds like you had a good birthday! Cool cake, too!