Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Momma's Surprise Party

My momma turned this big 6 0 on May 9th. I wanted to do something extra special for her this year so I roped my family into helping me throw a surprise birthday party for her. Saturday, May 12th was the night.We've been planning it for some time. I have to admit, I had anxiety about it all coming together but honestly, nothing could have gone better! She was completely oblivious to knowing anything. Bridget, my sister-in-law even was apart of it and she tricked my mom good!

Michael took her out on a date while a group of us tackled all the set up and food. (Thanks goes to my free help- Kaitlin, Meadow, Bridget, Ryan, Dave and my dad.) When he brought her home, they came in and the first thing we hear her say is, "I need to go to the potty." It was quite humorous. Kaitlin then went into acting mode and told my mom that she did something to the carpet downstairs and that she needed to go see it. My mom was completely surprised as she walked down the stairs to a big group of people that love her. I think I caught my dad with a tear or two:) The night went so well. So many people showed up and helped make the night even more great. 




We made a picture collage shaped as 60. I didn't get a good picture of it but if you look hard you can see it on the large glass windows.



Here she comes














No comments: