Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Summer Weekend

We spent Friday working on beautifying our yard...Except for the garden, I've kind of neglected the exterior of our house since we've been here so I finally decided it was time to start giving it some attention. Well, when I have a picture in my head about the way something should be and look I go on the hunt to find that exact thing I'm picturing. I go to each and every store, some stores more than once, scrounging to find what I pictured, and the best deal of course. I've been somewhat scared to tackle the planters thing but thanks to the help of my plant loving mother-in-law, Sunny, and my endless-giving husband we got it done.After hours of searching for some planters and plants, and then planting the plants, I can tell you that that is as far as I'm going to get this year on the exterior. I'm tired. Maybe next year I'll get to the back deck more. Now I just need people to share it with so that I don't feel like I did it for nothing. So here is your peek! Now remember, the plants just were planted so they might look funny now but in a month or so they will fit better...hopefully!




Saturday, we went to a barbecue for my childhood friend, Alli, and her cute family because they are packing their things and moving to Philadelphia for at least 5 years. Bon voyage and all the love Barton family! Hope to see you in the not to distant future!

2 comments:

Lisa and Oliver said...

Your plants and flowers look great! Good job!!

thebartonblog said...

Oh you will see us!