Friday, June 3, 2011

School's out for...Summer

I completed my first full year of teaching yesterday. Not only did I survive it, I came away happy. I never thought in a million years that I could or would teach first grade, but I did it! I am in love with my job and I don't think this year could have gone better. I believe I really made a difference in each one of my students lives. Even though there were days I felt as if I had failed them, in the next few days they'd reassure me that I had done some good. Oh how I already miss those munchkins!

I also worked with the best staff in the world! I couldn't have asked for anything more. It was a complete 180 from last year. I have never felt so much love and support from co-workers as I had this last school year. If you know me then you know I don't usually go asking for help, I keep to myself because I know people have a lot to do themselves so I don't like to bug them. Some have I was stuck up because of my keeping to myself but that has always been the way I see it. Throughout my year at Lake View, I had co-workers coming to check on me in my room constantly as well as supporting me through all the hooplah that has been going on with my position. I worked with such great people that I'm going to miss so much! I will be at Willard Elementary next year teaching first grade. Yes, it is a plus I have a job and that it is the same grade and that it is even closer to my house but I honestly wouldn't trade that for great co-workers. They can make and break it all and so I hope I can find that at least somewhat!

We had a picnic at the park Thursday with the whole first grade. This is my team trying to be cute and getting ready to pose for a picture.
Heidi, Cathi, me and Bev

No comments: