Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life as a Teacher

All I can say is I'm pooped! When I say pooped, I mean I've worked hard and given it my all so it feels good but I am exhausted from all of it! I caught a bug a couple weeks ago and I've been trying to fight that off while working long hours and trying to mold 22 six year old minds. It's been a crazy month and a half. I've been swamped with things to do for my class, things to do since I am a first year teacher-there is a lot required of you outside of teaching youngsters, and not one person knows how hard it is until you do it, I can attest to that. It's a good hard though. There have been times I have wanted to break down and cry but haven't had the time but there has been just as many, if not more, of those amazing moments that you always hear of why a teacher becomes a teacher. I never imagined myself liking 1st grade but I couldn't ask for more because I can make mistakes or get impatient with the "TEACHER! TEACHER!" and the constant yelling out, but they just give me a hug at the end of the day with love in their eyes.

Dave has worries that I am becoming a workaholic and in a way I kind of agree...if you love what you do, it's hard to stop. I spend my day at school constantly going and then I get home and continue with projects and planning. Sometimes I have to remind myself to step back and just breathe, and take a break because there is always things to do, it's never ending and my thoughts are running 24/7. It does feel so good to do what I've wanted to do for so long! I am loving it and can see myself doing it for a good while. We'll see...

No comments: