Tuesday, December 1, 2009

He's Home!

Friday morning came fast. His plane came even faster. As I was getting ready I received a call from my mom, panicking, because Michael's plane was early! Since when are planes early these days??? Luckily we were planning on leaving early anyway but we cut it close. His flight was suppose to land at 11:25 but ended up landing about 11:05...well we left our Riverdale home at 10:40. I was trying to not freak out. I think I did a pretty good job but Dave probably would tell you otherwise. I have to tell you though, Dave did a great job getting us to the airport quickly. He dropped me off right where the road splits for the parking and the terminals. It didn't look as far as it felt to run in my uncomfortable shoes. Dave got to us just a minute after me so it was a bit pointless for me to run and look like a maniac across the airport. Oh well!

We weren't waiting more than 3 minutes before he came walking out, filming us while we were cheering and as he said, my mom screaming and going after him like a defensive linesman. Both my parents had tears in there eyes...it was cute.
I wouldn't let go of him



Elder Jones is who he left with and came home with.
This is an inside joke in the family.


Sweet soccer jerseys! We also got yummy chocolates!

We had such a great weekend with Michael. From his release to seeing 2012 as well as helping him get back into the swing of things with phones and catching him up with many other things. Michael and I have always been best friends so I am super excited for him to be home! Wahoo!

2 comments:

KM said...

Oh my gosh he is home! Your post gave me chills! He looks so grown up! Crazy! I am so excited for you guys to have him back. I need to go over to your parents and hang out with all of you!

4 weeks down...2 years minus 4 weeks till he come!

Cam and Mary said...

How fun Rach! What a great time of year to come home too!