Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kaitlin's 9th Birthday

While Dave was trying to recover this last weekend, I kept really busy. I worked a ton and had an obligation to Kaitlin, my little sister. I was in charge of her birthday cake for her 9th birthday. She has begged me for months to make the Dr. Suess cake that I had made for my mom's birthday. She would ask me when I was going to start it everytime I would talk to on the phone leading up to it. Luckily, Dave's family lives real close and his parents were able to help take care of him. They probably did a better job than I would have done with Sunny, his mom, being a nurse and me being clueless. I am grateful for them.

The Cake


I also made her a blanket. If you get a present from me, it's more than likely going to be homemade. I love to make things, I'm not that great at it but I think it means a whole lot more.

K, so I don't ever remember having as much personality as this little one has. She is the funniest thing! I couldn't stop laughing at her and her friends.
I can't even tell you how much I love this little one without a tear coming to my eye. Yes, I have tears coming to my eyes as I'm writing this, I am such a boob lately. She is a light in my life. I can't believe she is 9! Michael is going to be in shock when he sees her next Friday!

They went ice skating and were so adorably-cute with each other. One of the girls wasn't so good but they all stuck by her and would hold her hand. They would all hold hands and make this big chain. I caught a fall, and when one falls they all fall.

2 comments:

KM said...

Cute cake! I can't believe how much Kaitlin has grown in 2 years! Michael will not recognize her! I can't believe he is coming home! Well I hope Dave is doing better!

Olivia Jewell said...

What a cutie! She's so big. I can't believe how quick her and Chase are growing up.