Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homemade Pumpkin Puree

Being a Fall baby, I am bound to have pumpkin as one of my taste buds. Well, it's true, I am living proof:) I love pumpkin right down to it's seeds! This year I have been baking up all sorts of different pumpkin recipes. I decided I wanted to try making my own pumpkin puree. It turned out to be really easy and ended up with about 16 cups with a $2 pumpkin rather than 3 1/2 cups for $2-3 a can. It took awhile but you can freeze it and pull it out whenever you want to use it!

Cut up and clean out.
Add 1 cup of water to the pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes
Should be a burnt orange color
Scoop meat away from skin
Puree using a processor or blender
Straining the extra juice to thicken the puree
Ta dah!

Plenty more pumpkin treats to come!