Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tennis Marathon Week

I played tennis matches Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and 3 in the blistering heat Saturday. It was a lot of tennis and a lot of sun! I now have some wicked tan lines and some nasty blisters on my feet! I made sure I played as hard as I could each match, but it left me with painful feet and sore body! I limped off the court after my last match yesterday. Luckily, I have a team full of the sweetest ladies and they took such good care of me! Our team took 2nd in the tournament we played in. My record for the week was 4-2, so I feel pretty good about that. Saturday, my matches were long but I pulled out 2 and lost the last one.

I got home late last night with an empty belly, so Dave took me to Burger Bar and I indulged in a Big Ben and even a large coke from the gas station! What?!? Rachel's drinking pop? Yes, siree! I deserve it dang it! After 7 hours on the court playing singles in 100 degree heat (on the tennis court it is usually 10 degrees hotter) and with blisters covering my feet and aches all over my body, I deserve it! 

Dave had to take a picture of my hair. It was full of salt crystals. My body was covered in them too even though I rinsed off right before my 3rd match. All the white and dandruff looking stuff is salt. Yuck!
Your lucky he didn't take a picture of my blisters.



No comments: