Tuesday, August 16, 2011

San Diego Part II

I flew back to San Diego early Sunday morning after districts. The flight flew by because I sat next to a guy that loved to chat. He was from a military family and it seems like people who come from military families know how to keep a conversation going. He was nice and it seemed as if he'd seen and experienced a day or two in life. He told me all about his oldest son (in the Marines stationed in San Diego) and then his youngest son that was 4 as well as his job as a roofer and so forth. I was so happy to see Dave's stinking cute face and I know he was happy to have his audience back again. He couldn't hold back with his wittiness. We spent the afternoon and evening at my uncle's house.

Dave using his physics knowledge, air in the bucket under water , I tried it and swam under to get air and it really worked, it was freaky
Monday, I got to see a lot of my dad's family. My cousin Caroline, uncle Jim and Aunt Sharon came down from L.A. So I got to spend the day with Caroline and Kristen. Later that night we met up with other family, including my granpy at his favorite, Filippi's (Italian of course). Tuesday morning, Caroline and I went for a run along the marina, ate Belgium waffles, and then I took her to the train station so she could get back to her parents. Tuesday night we spent at the beach and then decided to head downtown to the Horton Plaza (an interesting, architecturally, mall) and Gaslamp District to gander and maybe find some grub. It was a fun experience. We finally settled on Chinese food for dinner and after walking up and down the streets full of happening bars, clubs and restaurants, we ended up at a little humble, hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant (see picture below). It ended up hitting the spot and we were happy with our decision and felt like we were helping out a restaurant.

Wednesday, we were able to go to the San Diego Temple. I love that temple! It became Dave's favorite modern temple (he still ranks Manti as #1 over all) after that night inside the celestial room and all. We then ate a picnic dinner overlooking the temple from La Jolla Scenic Drive. Then came Thursday and Dave had to have one go at boogie boarding before we took off so my cousin James tagged along and we headed to Del Mar Beach. The weather was a bit chilly the last week there so I ended up wearing a jacket and not getting in the water that week but I couldn't ask for anything more than a good book and a beautiful view with a giddy husband in the distance.

The drive home wasn't too bad. We left early afternoon Friday. The traffic wasn't as bad as on the way but we were worried because of the Las Vegas weekend goers. We stopped in St. George for the night. Woke up early the next morning to beat the heat and get a ride in. It was beautiful. Ate at Bear Paw for breakfast and then headed on the road. Dave and I have an enjoyable time together on the road. Even our little arguments are fun.

We're back and busy as ever. We haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things. We both feel a little overwhelmed plus under slept. Dave begins his H.E.double hockey sticks semester next week and he's been on this project at work that he got thrown back into this week and it's kept him tied up at work and then he comes home to a jumbled mess at the house that I'm trying to balance along with settling into a new school which is coming to be a lot of work but I am so so excited to have little munchkins around me again. One thing I've got to boast about is even with being on vacation and away from my home, my routine, my cooking and my salads (I got called the salad master or something last year because my salads always looked so yummy, and they were) for 3 weeks I was able to lose weight! I finally feel like I've got an understanding of my body and what I need and how to control what I really want. I weighed myself yesterday and I had to take a double take at the scale. I was ecstatic!
The Nasella girls, minus Kaitlin
This store held rows and rows of jewelry! A girls heaven!
Chinese Restaurant

1 comment:

KM said...

Sounds like you guys has an amazing time! I am so jealous! Good for you on losing weight! I need your secrets.. baby weight sucks! Oh and sorry I have not called you back.. life is crazy... plus my baby is oober sick today :( I will be calling you soon so I can hear more details!