Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grand Canyon and Baking Cookies During Conference

We decided to fit another trip in to St. George since I had UEA Break and so did my sister. It's probably the last time we'll go down before Michael gets home. It was really nice because we had great weather there while others were stuck in the first signs of winter back up north.

On our way to the Grand Canyon we went through Zions, mostly because we didn't take the right turn in Hurricane. We found out it was the longer route for sure.

The Grand Canyon is a have-to-see place! It should be on everyones Bucket List. It was amazing! I couldn't believe what my eyes were taking in. At some of the lookout points I would get a little wobbly and would have to turn around. Later that night when I was fighting my sleepiness, I would have little snip-it dreams of floating or falling off the cliffs.

When I was younger, I would dread these trips. My parents would listen to my non-stop complaining and whining. I am happy I've come to appreciate things that are around me.
Baking Halloween sugar cookies while watching conference is a new tradition I am starting!

I love the month of October. One, my birthday; two, the smell of campfire that lingers in the air; three, the changing of colors outside; four, the brisk but not too cold weather; five, Halloween and treats! The list could go on but I do ask one thing: weather, I beg of you to give us fall weather back, PLEASE!!!

1 comment:

Cam and Mary said...

There is such a thing as fall in Utah? :) I have never been the the Grand Canyon, but really hope to some day! It looks so gorgeous!