Monday, June 9, 2008

We made it a year!

Here we are 1 year ago on the cold rainy day of June 6, 2007. I was informed it wasn't much of a better day this year around by my mom. Here in St. Louis we had tornado sirens going off all over St. Louis...yeah Dave called me up a little freaked a couple times. He also kept saying happy anniversary and I love you just in case:) Luckily it wasn't fatal!!!

Well we made it 1 whole year married and we continue on the journey everyone seems to call life. I can't even believe that it has only been a year. With all of the things we have done, experienced, lived, etc. in 1 year together, I am a little worried of what the future has in store for us. We've sure been blessed! And our anniversary reassured me that I am the Luckiest (he he, it's the title of our song, cheesy I know) girl in this world! I could go on and on about why and anyone who would try to top it I bet I could fight back with more:)


Well there are a lot of pictures, I know, but we had such and amazing weeked anniversary celebration that I want to show and tell as much as can get away with.



Dave first surprised me with a Dave's Original handmade card in the morning. It was perfect!


He then made us chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream swirled on top! Our Favorite! (I took the picture prior to the whip cream swirled on top.)
He then took me for a walk along the Missouri River because I love walks and we never go on them cause he has to walk all day everyday (which I totally understand). Isn't he great!
That night we went to dinner at a great little restaurant on the historic main street here in St. Charles and sat on the patio. I am not putting the picture up of that because the waiter took a horrible picture of us right when I was turning to look at the camera. he did say he majored in pouring water and not photography, he sure was right.
What else to do then go bowling on your first anniversary? The funny thing is with the way I love bowling, Dave and I have never been bowling together...so we were in for a treat!
Ha this was a great moment. We both had never seen this before! The 2 corner and the dead center pin all standing alone...weird.
Well here we were 1 year ago doing the traditional smashing the cake in the face ritual. he he
Here is our cake 1 year later...were we about to endure the same pains as Jon and Julie?
Well it's in our bellies now...and guess what! We didn't get sick and it was actually so scrumptous I can't wait to have more!
We wanted to spend some more quality time together so we reserved Sunday as the day. We went to the St. Louis Zoo (which is free and it was huge). It was scorching hot and extremely humid! but I endured and it made Dave oh so happy. This bear had a really ugly face but then it stuck its tounge out and we loved it. He was very lively.
Our skin couldn't have been glistening anymore!
So as I said above it was super hot and humid. Every animal we saw was found wherever there was shade in their cages. It was so funny cause they were all doing anything to hide from the sun. Even pile on top of each other. This ape was laying out...in the shade.Dave made friends with a bird.This is where we got our R & R for the night. The Raines Victorian Inn. It was such a great place! We stayed in the Lady Emily Suite. We loved every minute of the stay!

The breakfast was devine too! Thanks Ruth! Thanks Dave for being a great husband!

6 comments:

KM said...

Wow it looks like you two had so much fun! I can't believe it's been a year either! I am so happy you two found eachother! Love you!

Er Bear said...

Hey we have twin layouts!! ha! and almost twin anniversaries... ours was the 8th! looks like you guys had tons of fun:)

Julie P. said...

Woohoo, congrats on a year! Glad the cake didn't kill you:)

Cam and Mary said...

Happy Anniversary! That house is beautiful! Glad you had a great day!

Morgan said...

Don't worry Rach, I just started up my blog like a month ago. It is good to be in the blogging world with everyone :) It looks like you guys are having fun out there! Happy one year by the way! I can't believe it has already been that long! Love you!

mikey and kimby said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Life is good! I love your pictures of the animals. Especially the bear picture!