Friday, June 20, 2008

The Ups and Downs of Vacationing

Being back home I was able to see a lot of friends, hang out with my fam a lot (in-laws too) which was great! I was there for Father's Day. And I was able to continue a tradition with my friends dancing for Alli's wedding! Woot woot! Here it goes: ENJOY!

So I headed for my trip to Salt Lake Wednesday the 11th. I had a layover in Denver for an hour and then I'd be to Salt Lake at 11:30 that night and I'd go back to my parents and fall right asleep. Well it didn't quite happen as smoothly as thought. Jess and Amber took me to the airport and we talked about how when you fly alone you always get the dead center seats and its so awkward...well yep you guessed it both plane rides there I had dead center. Didn't know where I could put my elbows, hands, head, etc. I always forget about how much I do not like the airport til I get in there, especially when I am alone. This time I tried so hard not to let it ruin my time away from work. When I arrived in Denver I had to switch airlines for my next plane and the other airlines was in another concourse so i had to take a train there. I had been talking to Kara about dramas of the shower that we'd be throwing for Alli the next night, grabbed some food and then ran on my way to catch a train to the next concourse while still talking to Kara. I saw a train about to leave so I hurried down the escalator to catch it and jumped on. When we arrived I went up the escalator only to find that I had gotten on the wrong train and had put myself in a stressful situation. I was at baggage claim! Out of the airport with no boarding pass to get me through security again! I started panicing a bit and an airport worker was no help at all (of course) and I had to hang up on Kara (sorry). Luckily a thought that I could recheck in at the airlines counter again came to my head. But where was I going to find that counter? The Denver airport is quite large in size and I think I have been there once before but in my childhood. I finally found it and then at the very end of the hall was a few workers. My plane was late (kinda a good thing but not at the same time). The plane ended up being over an hour late leaving so I didn't get back to Salt Lake til 12:20ish. I was so pooped! I went to the baggage carousel and found one bag pretty quickly and figured once the carousel had stopped my other bag was not going to be in my hands that night:( and yes it was left back in Denver. The most important bag. The one with everything I needed that night of course. The flight back to St. Louis was on one of those dinky little skywest planes. Dave came to pick me up and all I wanted to do was see him and we were in two different places trying to find each other. It all got pretty frustrating so the first hello back was not as good as planned. :)


Alli's Bachelorette Fiesta!


The trip home was great though! I left Dave behind to go see another friend get married! I was stoked for her and so happy I got a chance to go. It was a little stressful to leave the job behind in Dave's hands. 1 because he had to do two jobs and 2 because my job consists of a lot of things to do and I was worried. Well I guessed it, Dave was stressed most days, but I guess he understands my complaints of this job now. He also called me one night while walking around outside...yes he was locked out of our apartment and didn't remember where he had placed the keys. Oh silly boy. Well he called me about 30 minutes later saying I quote, "AND THAT IS WHY THEY CALL ME MR. DAVE." My response: "Oh no, what'd you do?" It's just the way his mind works. He had climbed up balconies to get to our 3rd story apartment...our door was locked so he popped off a screen of a window that was unlatched and wiggled his way in...so glad that no one called the cops on him.


Alli is a married woman now! Back off!
Well I am back to busy, busy, busy and my husband is alive!

6 comments:

the johansen's said...

Hey Rach, It's Sarah Smith! Cute blog, I am so glad I found it! I am glad to hear you are doing well! Sounds like St. Louis is fun and busy!!

Lacey said...

That is crazy about the airport! Gotta love big airports : ) YOu should see Atlanta's !!! But cute pics and Nice dancing!!! ha ha looks like you had fun!

Boonie and Jenn said...

I love the dancing! You and your friends look like you have so much fun together!

natalie j. + richard a. said...

Hey Rachel! Your blog is so cute! I'm glad you are doing well!!! I love it out in St. Louis! I hope you guys are having a blast!

KM said...

We are the most amazing dancers!!! Ha ha sooo much fun! I am so glad you came! I had so much fun just playing with my best friend! Well I had no idea you hung up on me because of all the crazyniess! That must have sucked! Well love you!

katherine said...

Great dancing!!!!