Monday, November 12, 2012

Rachel's Fragile Brain

I dropped Dave off at the airport Sunday, October 27 and as I drove home, I bawled! And sadly he leaves me again for two weeks next time! I am stoked it will be his last long one but the only thing is, I won't be able to know where he goes in the future work trips. The secretiveness makes Dave sound that much cooler. SO, I had Halloween week by myself. A lot of peeps said they love it, anyone that knows me knows that I HATE IT! I am not meant to be alone! I was able to make it through still. However, there were a few hiccups....


Monday morning, I went for a jog and took a key with me so that I could lock my house up while I was gone. I am very cautious because I tend to freak myself out but better than letting my guard down and being sorry I think. Anyway, I guess the key I grabbed was the WRONG key! The spare wasn't where it was suppose to be either! Dave hadn't been gone more than 12 hours and I had locked myself out of the house! After many phone calls and sleepy Dave helping me while I was in a panic for over an hour, I got in. I'm not going to tell you how because it freaks me out how easy it is to get into someones house!

Then came Halloween...It was a normal day for behavior on my students' part. I've got a wild bunch this year. That night, I went to Jon and Julie's house to participate in their festivities. As I was getting ready to head home, I couldn't find my car keys. It usually takes me a minute to find the keys but I checked every little crevice! They weren't there and I as I was looking, I told Jon and Julie about my incident on Monday and we all thought it would be hysterical if I did it again. Well, I did. My keys were sitting on the passenger side next to the seat belt clip in. I have know idea how they got there even! Luckily, I thought ahead and put a house key in my jacket pocket just in case (thank goodness!). Julie drove me home to get a spare.

I told Dave that he can't leave again!
My contribution on Halloween.
Can you tell what I was?!?

My adorable niece and nephews!

Oh man! Sometimes I wonder where my sharp brain went.

1 comment:

KM said...

Oh Rach I totally know how you feel.. I hate being alone and I can't keep keys with me with crap! P.s your pumpkin dip looks like throw up sick haha good job I guess. Oh and I LOVE your costume you cheesy teacher you!