Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Christmas Came Early This Year

We decided to splurge a little on ourselves this Christmas... We have been sleeping in a hand-me-down mattress since we've been married and for the last 6 months the mattress has been on an angle, docs orders, but we've been planning for an upgrade and decided that Christmas would be a good time. We ordered a new bedroom set online and bought the most comfortable mattress from Knights. The set wasn't suppose to be here until Tuesday but arrived Friday afternoon. We also splurged on a media center. Thanks to our friends, Kara and Nic, who got Dave wanting one. We ordered most of the parts on Black Friday so we had all of the parts to build it in the last week.


With Dave's eagerness to do anything but study for his final coming up on Monday, Saturday turned into a building day. Dave is so good at building, fixing, and figuring things out and he LOVES it! He was having a blast putting together the computer for the media center. It was so funny to watch him and hear him say how much fun he was having. We took a quick break to go get our mattress and then we were back to building. We spent about 4 hours last night taking apart our old bed, moving furniture out, putting furniture together, cleaning and then setting up our new bedroom. By the time we were done we were so ready to lay on that new bed. Before calling it a night, we had to take advantage of our new media center and watch our favorite, Chuck. I don't think I've ever been so happy in my sleep as I was last night. Dave's complaint this morning was that I took all the blanket... my reply was, "I couldn't help myself. I was surrounded by puffiness and it made me so happy." I'll try to share tonight.

It looks like Dave knew I was taking this picture by his smiling but he actually had no idea, he was just that happy with what he was doing. Silly boy.
Our house was and still is a disaster!
I couldn't get up!
For some reason, a lot of our bills come in December like insurance, my car's safety and emissions, and this year my back tires were getting scary bald so we had to drop some money on those. There goes the rest of our Christmas money... I am happy we have two incomes at this point in time. If it was last year, I think I'd faint over the money we've spent.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!


1 comment:

KM said...

I love your new bed set! So nice!! Its the best thing ever having a new mattress huh! So did Dave put the media center all together.. it sounds like he did! If not we can get together Sat. We should anyways but let us know. Sounds like Christmas did come early but some way cool stuff!!