Friday, October 10, 2008

22 is Here...

...and I'm not sure if I am ready. I am the big 22 today... All year I have been dreading today because I absolutely did not want to turn 22. I wanted to stay 21 for longer! Lately I have been so busy I have forgotten how bad I didn't want to be 22 until Dave reminded me last night. It went something like this, Dave- "Rach, you're 22!" Me- after it hit me, which it took a minute "Oh no!" repeated over and over while I was covering my face rolling back and forth in a ball. (I hope that painted somewhat of a picture for you).

The day was more than I could've asked for! and the partying isn't over. My day began with waking up bright and early to get ready for another day with my 6th graders. As I was getting ready Dave snuck upstairs to make me my birthday breakfast. At school my kids swarmed in with homemade cards, cookies!, caramel apples, and presents, presents, presents! Kids are so cute! One knitted me a beanie, and it's way cute! The second bell rang and a happy birthday song broke out amongst them. We celebrated by not taking any of their tests today and then two cute moms surprised me and the kids with a giant cake, balloons, and soda! Can you say sugar rush??? Also, Dave came in for half the day. The kids have been begging me to bring him in and today begged me to bring him again. They LOVVVED him! We left the school with both our arms full. Dave then took me shopping! We then headed up north to play soccer with Bridget and Ryan's team. It was very cold but fun. After, the party was taken to the Price's. We ate food, cake, and ice cream. Everyone watched as I ran around the table to blow out ALL of my 22 "candles" (which were actually emergency preparedness candles:)). I was quite spoiled! Pictures and videos to come later!

To be continued....

3 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

Happy Birthday Rach! Hope it was a great one! 22 is not old! :)

Lacey said...

I totally know how you feel! I felt the same way when I turned 22 and felt worse when I just barely turned 23! I would love to stay young forever!

Mac & Jesi said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday! Sorry we could not make it to dinner. We need to get together soon. oh and by the way............ YOU ARE OLD!!!!!!!!