Saturday, September 27, 2008

What I/We've been Up to....

First off, I'd like to apologize for those who are so eager to read about the next exciteing happenings in our lives. HA! Just kidding. I know we're not that exciting, it's Dave and his new adventures. But this post isn't going to be much about him, sorry. Mostly me:) Ok I'll mention one thing about my crazy husband....Way back when we got back from our weekend of Lotoja, Dave discovered that his wallet was gone. These things happen to him more than anyone I know. It stresses me out because there is always a worry bout if its in the hands of the wrong person and so on. Last time he lost it in San Diego! He has also been through 3 or 4 phones since we've been married. Anyway, so today we've been helping my dad clean out their garage and crawl space in the basement (more pictures to come of this great event). Dave walks out of the crawl space with his wallet! I couldn't believe my eyes! It took me a second to process it even. He threw it down and said, "Come hug me." thinking that he was the coolest person...ugh! I did give him a hug but I wanted to beat him up at the same time:)

Well now bout me some. My student teaching is taking up a lot of my time lately, but I absolutely love it!!! I love my 6th graders! They are so stinkin cute and amazing! I only have 2 1/2 weeks left with them and I am so sad:( Here are a few of them:


On Thursday, I taught them this great song and they loved it! I'll be posting the video of it here soon so look for it! I don't know if you'll get a kick out of it as much as I do but I hope it entertains!

Last week, I entered myself into a tennis tournament. Now that we're back in Salt Lake, I have a lot more opportunites to play and a lot more people to play with so I'm taking advantage of that! Well this is me in the finals! I was stoked to get to the finals! I ended up losing but the lady I played didn't know how to keep score first of all and then she was one of those people that you couldn't change their mind. I had fun though and it was a good first tournament back!


My Brand New Car!
Well not really brand new. I got it last December but the worst happened! After having it for only 2 months I got hit by an inconsiderate, anonymous hitter! I was furious! Well then a little bit after that my good ole momma backed into my car on the driveway! We were going to get it fixed in St. Louis and we got a quote for it and all but it was triple the estimate we had here so we waited. Well after my car being hurt for almost 7 months out of the 9 of having it, it looks as good as when I bought! If you have body work that needs to be done on your car, go to Jack's Auto Body on State Street! It was such a good price and they did an amazing job!
No more dents or paint chips! Wahoo!




No comments: