Monday, January 26, 2015

Christmas Time

Last Christmas, Kearon was only 7 weeks so this Christmas was a bit more for him and fun to watch his reaction to some of the events and materials/decor. He enjoyed the tree ornaments and lights. Next year, I expect it to be even better!
We got a kitty! I have been denying Dave of his life long dream of a pet. The main reason I allowed this investment was that this kitty would save our yard by wiping out the vole population in our yard, so yes it is an investment. Her name is Xena (yep, the warrior princess. I loved that show when I was younger). She loves people! Kearon has only almost hurt her once. He had a screw driver and almost poked a little too deep. Caught him just in time.
We live in such a wonderful and eventful neighborhood. Throughout the year, there are great gatherings that are held at the neighborhood park. This Christmas, they held a get-together at the park to collect money for families in need but we got to ride a sleigh ride on real like Clydesdale horses! A win-win!
Last, I never was able to picture what my kids would look like and I still am in shock because I have a blonde-haired, blue-eyed kid! He is the sweetest, calmest, snuggliest (not a word) blonde, blue-eyed kid! I am pretty sure I am right about his personality. He enjoys making people laugh. He wants to be happy and wants others to be happy. He is silly but has a quiet sense of humor where he knows how to catch your attention and flash you a mischievous smile. He has a calm, mild temperament like Dave. Even when things are not all great (ie. sick or teeth), he tries his hardest to be happy. We love him!
Lights had nothing on the water features on Temple Square. Kearon loved the fountains.




Xena snuggling Kearon

For some reason, I agreed to start running long distances. 7 mile Crazy Sock Run with neighborhood friends.

Christmas Morning