Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bring in the Christmas Spirit

We definitely got a taste of holiday cheer this weekend! Friday was Dave's extended family party on Sunny's side. There was good food and the white elephant exchange was memorable. It's hard to fully partake in the white elephants because the little kiddos get pretty attached to their item. This time, it was an electronic Christmas dog. It caused a few kids' tears.

Saturday, my mom's side had our Christmas party at my parents'. It felt like the old days when the house was full of people. My cousins and I used to be the ones running around the house, causing chaos and making up plays that we would perform. This time it was y cousins' kids. We also got to see one of my cousins that I haven't seen since being married! Her son is so much bigger too. It's crazy how fast time has past. The men watched the Utah State bowl game and Kaitlin got the rest of us to play Pictionary. Needless to say, we had a great time!

Last night, we had the awesome opportunity to go to the Christmas Concert at the Conference Center, downtown. Our friends, Alli and Justin had extra tickets and invited us. Dave and I were so happy they did! We were blown away by the show! The music was amazing with Alfie Boe, which I haad never heard of but that is probably because I'm not to involved in the music culture, as well as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Bells and Orchestra on Temple Square and the organist was amazing too. Tom Brokaw was there and gave a story that I began to recognize more and more as he went and come to find out I did know the story. It was about the Chocolate Pilot or Bomber, he's known as. At the end of the story, Tom Brokaw welcomed him, Gail Halvorson in person! It was awesome! Probably not a dry eye in the house! We really enjoyed the experience and are thankful we got to  go! Dave was so giddy after. I think he could have been in heaven.

Love this time of year!

No comments: