Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Church is True!

I remember my first seminary teacher at Brighton would begin and end each lesson by declaring this to us and sometimes would shout it with joy. I wanted to express with the same joy for the good and cool experiences I have all the time; especially this one...

Monday night I was driving home from doing some visiting teaching and decided that I'd stop by my friend Allison's house, since Dave wouldn't be home for another couple more hours and I had planned so well in advanced for school last week that I didn't really have anything to do for that. We were hanging out, talking and I kept trying to leave because my tummy was hungry but ended up starting new topics each time. Allison used the restroom and I heard an "OH, NO!" from in the bathroom. It was not a normal tone of voice I hear from Allison so I was quite worried but hoped it was just her son getting into trouble, but she said it again and cried my name and then said, "I'm bleeding," with a horrified voice. Allison is almost 20 weeks pregnant so it was not a good thing. She got a hold of her OB finally and her instructions were to get to the E.R. So we dropped Jake, her son, off with her brother-in-law and me, Allison, and Rachel (her sister-in-law) hopped in my car and sped to the closet E.R. Her husband had just left for a business trip that morning. Luckily there were no waiters and we only had to wait about 15 minutes to get back to a room. It was pretty much silence from Rach and I until we heard the baby's heartbeat, which we were able to not too long after getting to the room. They had to do a bunch of other things and then we got to experience a live ultra sound. Waiting for that ultra sound was what took the longest, I guess the tech didn't get a message that the hospital sent at first so it took awhile to wait for her. Everything turned out to be ok. They think it was the placenta pulling across the cervex but no major damage was done. Phew!

I got home late that night. Dave wanted me to call a sub but I figured I'd be ok with just one night like that. I felt so good that night when I got home. I feel as if a lot of things played into me being there for my friend that night and I'm happy I was able to listen to the little promptings along the way. I like to have those ah-ha moments and realize my prayers are being answered. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

1 comment:

Cam and Mary said...

Way to go Rach! :) We need to get together again! Maybe we can do a Christmas dinner or something???