Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dr. Suess Cake for my Momma

this is a super fun cake to make! i got the idea from a friend's blog. Dave and I named it The Dr. Suess Cake for obvious reasons. I've been wanting to make it and the opportunity came around with my momma's birthday this month. It's this Saturday but we had a mini celebration with her sister's family this last weekend at our place.




everyone loved the look and the taste, too! It went fast!

yes people are sitting on lawn chairs in our front room...we sold our couch and decided to start all over on the furniture in the front room. bad week to sell it:)
Happy (early) Birthday momma!
Girls' Night at Trolley Square
Cindy, Kara, Kortni, Rachael, and me

6 comments:

Fife Family Forever said...

so, do tell. I want to make that cake!

Cam and Mary said...

That is so cute! Your house is looking good! I bet you're having fun picking out stuff!

KM said...

Wow my cake looked Nothing like that!! Dang cake pan :( I will try the flour and parchment paper trick next time ha! Cute girls night pic. I am totally stealing it!

Sarah said...

I happened upon your blog, you don't know me and I don't know you... but that cake is so cute and fun and I would love to know how you did it! Any chance I can have the recipe?

Anonymous said...

That cake looks very good!!!!

Olivia Jewell said...

So what did you do? Did you just split the cake batter and die it different colors with food coloring?
Looks like you guys had fun, I'm sad that I missed out.
Oh and thanks for the advice with that book, Eric actually was hoping to buy it too. If I just take advice from you then I don't have to read anything on my own. ;)